Thursday, December 22, 2016

Frantic Catch Up

Oh yeah, blogging is a thing. Let's take a frantic, unorganized ride through the last 5 months. I'm not saying it will be easy, and it most likely won't be worth it, to you at least.

JULY
Went to another raging dance party. This one had less dancing and much more worshipping. 
At one point I jumped up on stage because it was empty and I thought my posse was following me, but I didn't wanna look dumb waiting for them, so I started dancing. Nothing too impressive, but for some reason the crowd start going crazy, they were LOVING me, so I kicked it up a notch. Then, they really started screaming, and I realized there was no possible way that my dancing was warranting this kind of reaction and I looked over my should to see the host (who is confusingly famous) on the stage. They were cheering for her. This is also the point in story that I realized that none of my "friends" had followed me, probably because they saw HER coming and knew better. I slid off the stage as fast as possible.  The worst part is that for a minute I actually thought that the people were cheering for me. It might be my new 'most embarrassing moment' story, so at least I got something out of it. I also made it in her video, so success. 



We went to the Days of 47 Rodeo. It was loud and had lots of fireworks and Sloane wasn't super into it. We had fun but left pretty early. 


This little bebe turned 10 months! 

And Jaundice turned 60. 
We had a huge surprise party for him and invited anyone who knows him, which is everyone. 


Sloane played in the balloons. See. 
AUGUST


August was a month of visitors and visiting....
My mom came up and watched Sloane for a few days. 

The Beechers came up and stayed the night. We took an awkward picture to prove it. 

Family times...

Erica came into town for a while, so we got the babies together. They actually liked each other and played together a lot. After they went to bed the adults watched Stranger Things and I dare say, Troy Rovig is the best person to watch that show with. 


We went on a little date to the Lantern Fest and it did not disappoint. We should have brought so many more friends though, we got bored of each after about 15 minutes. 
It was so magical!



We tried taking a "Sunday Family Selfie" and it turned out terrible. This is the main reason why I haven't been able to break into the famous insta-mom business yet, we're still working on it. We'll get there. 

11 Months! She really mastered walking this month. It was my favorite thing to watch. 

My parents came up again (twice in a month?? that can't be right.) We went to Chuck-a-rama (obvi) and then walked around the weirdest park in Logan. 

September
September was a big month. Two birthdays and a trip to Portland! 
Nate's Birthday....


Probably one of my favorite memories of the whole year was watching Sloane dive into Nate's birthday cake and shove it into her mouth. And then occasionally shove cake into his mouth. It was so funny, I still go back and watch the video sometimes. 



If you need a decorator, hmu. 


ONE YEAR OLD!

 
We celebrated with my family with a BBQ and cake and presents. At the end of the party there were upwards of 60 flies inside the house. No joke, we counted. I'm sorry that that memory made it into an extremely brief summary of such an important day. 


I was really good at monthly pictures. Most of these were taken like 2 weeks into the month, and as you can see, I really struggled with the consistency thing. I don't know why I couldn't remember if the bear should be there or not. But she is bigger in the last picture than the first picture, so at least you there's that. 

Sorry to be the worst, but this really has been the best year ever. I never thought I would love being a mom so much. And I also never thought I could love a tiny person so much. She is the best. She has brought so much joy into our lives and I cannot imagine our lives without her. 
Cliches on cliches on cliches! 







Chillin' with Lola. These two are still working on the best friends thing, but they'll figure it out. 
We went up to Tony Grove to check out the leaves and they were just starting to change. It was beautiful. Sloane wanted to swim in the lake so bad, but it was 2 degrees, so we decided not to. 


The next week we were off to Portland.... should that be it's own post? Yeah, let's do that. See ya in the next post.


1 comment:

Julianne Beecher said...

I love all of these things. Makes me wish I would keep up on my blog. Maybe you could do it for me? Sloane is adorable!